hgtv

Americans living abroad: Your chance to be on the telly!

Posted on February 25, 2011 by peacefulyorkshire

One of the greatest things about running SNFY with Yankeebean is the great feedback we get from our readers. We get all kinds through our email boxes on a daily basis, and we are honoured that you stop by to say hello, rant, and just let us know what you think. So in keeping with the fantastic offers  we receive, I just wanted to take a moment to share an opportunity that might appeal to you lovelies out there looking for your big break– a chance to be on the telly! Have a look:

Hi,

I stumbled upon your blog while researching for potential contributors for the US hit television series House Hunters International. I understand three of you are currently living abroad in the UK. Would any of you be interested in sharing your story with us? I would love to hear some more details on your house hunt, and see if we can make your journey fit into an episode of House Hunters International.

Here is a brief description of our show:
Our hit show is looking for energetic individuals, couples and families to share their story about moving abroad. Participating in our show is a lot of fun and a great way to document your exciting search for a home and new life abroad. We are looking for people that have relocated any place in the world except North America.

If you are interested in participating with our show or learning more, please send an email to MelissaGrassi@leopardfilms.com.

To view current episodes of the House Hunters International, you can visit the following youtube links (please copy/paste the links listed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0Q6DYe3QM – London from South Africa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLmhKEzm5kg – Dubai from Illinois

HGTV is a top 20 cable network in the US and House Hunters International is one of their top rated shows. At any given time the show is also airing in a variety of other countries.

I look forward to hearing from you and sending you further details.

Best,

Melissa Grassi
Associate Producer
LEOPARD FILMS UK
1-3 St. Peter’s Street
London, N1 8JD
+44 (0) 207 704 3300
melissagrassi@leopardfilms.com

If one of our lovely readers manage to make it on this show, do let us know, we would love to watch! xx We’re not jumping on the offer ourselves because, erm, well we just don’t have any money to buy a property here in the UK. Heck, or abroad for that matter…someday though, someday….

1. Anna March 2, 2011 at 2:19 am

Kristy…i watched your episode and it was really cute. Im from Ga but after college I spent a year and a half in Park City, UT….which is where i met my english sweetheart.
    I hope you are having a great time in England. Very jealous….im trying to figure out how to get over there to be with my guy.
    best wishes.

2. Kristy March 1, 2011 at 12:53 am

I just checked. They are showing my episode again in March and in April:

3. Kristy March 1, 2011 at 12:52 am

Hi. My husband and I did this!! Our episode aired last April, and they are still showing it as a rerun on HGTV. We had such a blast doing it.
    You can watch our episode online, if you are in the states. I don’t know how to watch it in the UK though.

We don’t own the house we are living in, and were still able to do the show. They just have you look around for different properties that you would be interested in renting. I highly recommend it!

4. HappyHomemakerUK February 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm

So fun to have stumbled onto your lovely blog ;) Looking forward to following XOL

5. jackie February 26, 2011 at 9:29 am

wow….please do me a favor….if you ever hear from Ty and his crew, there are also some of those other kinds of americans here…survivors….who secretly wish for miracles! I am blessed in so many ways, the reality of life seems just an uninvited burden but there are also a few americans abroad who struggle terribly no matter where they are…living with disabilities, people in recovery from early years of addictions and abuse…people who gave when they had nothing and took nothing they needed…americans blessed in the love of a true soul-mate brit who suffered through their gentleness in the face of foreign governments who have no time for gentle spirits who arent wealthy and who need understanding rather than crushing their efforts. Please add us to the list of surprises that come from america….ahhhhh, extreme makeover: home addition……i secretly fantasize about my tiny cottage in the woods and that keeps me dreaming….and sane!
    glad we are still thought of, so far away
    softly
    jackie

6. M February 25, 2011 at 10:01 pm

This is very interesting! My husband and 3 kids have lived in the UK for 5 years now and there’s a very good chance we could stay here another 5 years. For the past 5 months we seriously considered buying a home here (we sold our home in the States) and we even read the “Buying and Selling a House for Dummies” for the UK. It’s so involved and complicated! The housing market here is so frustrating though and very expensive. We put an offer forward on a house the was 5% below asking price and it was turned down. Pretty much has dampened our enthusiasm, along with the Stamp Tax we’d have to pay. I’m interested in hearing other’s experiences with buying a home in the UK.