gary

A British man looking for American lady in Yorkshire…

Posted on September 5, 2010 by peacefulyorkshire

peacefulyorkshire

Meet a British man named Gary.

Gary asked last week on one of our pages:
Where  can I meet an American women in Yorkshire?

Well, lucky man, he certainly came to the right site, eh? With over 10,000 readers a month surely one of you readers would be able to give him some advice.

Honestly. My first thought, when he asked where he could meet an American woman:

Probably in a place where English women aren’t!*

Sadly, us ladies at SNFY know nothing about Gary other than this picture we nabbed off his weebly site. Gary, tell us more about you– perhaps we can play match-maker….hmmmm?

———————————
*KIDDING!! I am KIDDING, just kidding. This flashed into my head momentarily due to the high volumes of comments we receive on a weekly basis about this topic on this blog. I then thought of other places for Gary,  like he could go to Costco in Leeds. Or Starbucks. Seriously!  Starbucks is where I randomly met Mr. Chill, my now fiancée.

1. Wendy April 26, 2011 at 6:51 am

Try Tim Hortons……………that is where every GREAT Canadian gal hangs out!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Carlalala March 25, 2011 at 12:59 am

I can get from Oklahoma to Yorkshire by Monday…

Seriously, Gary is super delicious, someone help him out.

Pizza places, hamburger places, taco places. Searching for Mt. Dew.

3. justAmericandesigned September 9, 2010 at 10:39 pm

How about underground? I met my British man on the tube :) Always a good story to tell, just like your Starbucks stories! Good luck to Gary! :)

4. wanderingseattleite September 9, 2010 at 12:22 am

Congrats to Gary for getting his own personal dating website! Is there a Whole Foods in Yorkshire? In London that’s where I’d go to get my American fix. The good thing for Gary is that you can identify Americans easily because of our volume.

• peacefulyorkshire September 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm

@ Wanderingseattleite
      Oh there is no Whole Foods in Yorkshire, so sad!! I wish!!

@ justAmericandesigned
      Tell me about how you met your Brit man on the London tube–What a story!! Love to hear stuff like this!!

5. yankeebean September 5, 2010 at 6:59 pm

PeacefulYorkshire! I LAUGHED MY ARSE OFF when I saw this post! :D Here’s hoping Gary finds his American lady and lives happily ever after…

6. thechubbygrl September 5, 2010 at 11:25 am

Hey Starbucks is where I met Mr.notsoChubby. :) So of course I was the American in the starbucks. Though he was just the cute geeky Scotsman in one.

• peacefulyorkshire September 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm

@ chubbygrl–
      Yes Starbucks is ok isn’t it, I am glad I didnt meet my man in Mc Donald’s. Then I would REALLY have to change the story on that one. hehe
      While I was sipping on a hot chocolate Mr Chill started talking to me after he tripped on my bag. After I apologized for leaving my stuffin the aisle he noticed I had a different accent….. I thought he was quite charming. We swapped email addresses …..and then as they: the rest is herstory.

• peacefulyorkshire September 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm

At Yankeebean

I know!! I hope Gary gets his self back on here to tell us a little more about him. Perhaps there is a reader that would be perfect for him. If not, at least we did our duty and tried, no?