13 Little Reasons to love Britain
Posted on August 3, 2009 by peacefulyorkshire
- Best music scene in the world, everything from Nick Drake to George Michael to the Smiths to Florence and the Machine
- A ‘quality newspaper’ for every kind of person. From the titty gals in The Sun to The Guardian, your beliefs are catered for–you can feel righteous and validated whateveh your stance.
- A cuppa Betty’s Tea, the best in Yohhhkshire
- The hilarious and un-PC road sign that means that ‘pensioners are crossing‘
- Getting a pound note (!) for change and keeping it for good luck in my billfold
- Eating a Mumtaz Curry amongst the Muslim Clerics in Bradford (and not having to wear a headscarf to have the honour)
- Strolling Costco in Leeds, a PMS haven when needed to supply Oprah magazine and 24-count donut packs
- Free NHS contraception, it just makes lovin’ so much easier on the wallet, thank you very much.
- Getting the chance to live in a rambling, creaky multi-level 1890′s Victorian terrace house (that may be haunted)
- William Constable Turner’s ‘Rain, Steam and Speed’ at the National Gallery in London
- Those cheery and optimistic weather forecasters that must have the worst weather forecasts to impart in all of Europe. Maybe the world! (heh heh)
- The two expressions “That’s as much use as a chocolate teapot!” and “He couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery!”
- Watching ‘A Place in the Sun’ on Channel 4, 8pm Friday with Mr. Chill as we dream about where the hell to live
Like to be inspired more by Britain’s positives? Click here.
Want 13 Reasons to Love America? Click here