The British Best Man: one of many perks of being and American woman in love with British man
Posted on July 29, 2009 by pacificyorkshirebird
Mr. Charismatic has the best group of friends. They are all spread around the UK and get together a couple of times a year but it is always as if they see each other every day. When it came to choosing a best man, he had such a hard time deciding. No matter which one he chose, I knew it would be a great choice because when you have a British man as your Best Man you get a whole lot of perks:
1. Cheeky digs at the groom about settling down, no more single life, gaining in-laws etc with a really loving undertone because he really is so happy for his friend.
2. Charm and flattering anecdotes for you, the bride, because he wants you to know that the cheeky digs are just a right of passage for the groom and not something to take too seriously.
3. The comfort of knowing that your groom is getting a bachelor party that will exceed all of his expectations and never leave him feeling like he didn’t get a proper send off – but that his British best man has the taste and discretion to keep it classy.
4. When you make your entrance and begin to walk down the aisle – if your groom starts to get a little emotional – the British best man won’t be afraid to put his arm around his friend, give him a knowing look and help him keep it together.
5. Your American wedding guests will find the best man (and the other British groomsmen for that matter) so charming and you will be eternally grateful to him for helping your guests be comfortable and entertained while you and your groom do your best to connect with everybody there.
6. When it is time for the toasts, the British best man will appear just nervous enough but be prepared with a thoughtful, hilarious, and tastefully appropriate speech. He will manage to take the mick just enough so that everyone finds the groom even more charming and interesting than ever before.
7. And after the wedding is over, the best man will still be the same great friend he was before you got married even though he might be just a little freaked out that his best friend got married.
Ladies – just think you should know what your getting if you decide YOUR British man is the one for you.