Posted on March 11, 2009 by yankeebean
One of our fellow fantastic ameri-brits has tagged us in her blog! This is in reference to the ’25 random things’ email that’s going around right now. In response to An American Girl’s list – here are 11 random things about me.
In keeping with this blog, I will make them all random facts related to the time I was first moving to England:
- I’ve moved to England twice. Once with my family when I was 16 and once when I was 22 to come and marry Mr Nice Guy
- I used to call tea ‘dirt in a cup’ until I tried Earl Grey and he seduced me…
- I genuinely thought most streets would be cobblestone streets before I moved here
- I like M&M’s but I don’t like Smarties. Must be those tasty E-numbers!
- I’m still often stymied by British pronunciation. How can ‘Derby’ be called ‘Dar-bee’?
- My hair grows MUCH more quickly when I’m in England (this is confirmed by the lady that cuts my hair)
- I don’t like having baked beans for breakfast – it kinda freaks me out…
- Fried bread also freaks me out
- I first moved to England with my family when I was 16
- The first thing an English person said to me when I got here was ‘What’s a Twinkie?’
- I don’t think it rains in England nearly as much as everyone thinks, but I DO think I notice it more because I’m usually walking instead of driving.
How about you Peacefulyorkshire and Pacificyorkshirebird? Any takers?