Posted on March 10, 2009 by pacificyorkshirebird
A few weeks ago my family had a scary emergency and of course, I am very far away. I did not run for the very next plane out – and we all decided that it was not the kind of emergency that called for a visit home. In fact, the people in the US were quite sure about that. But a few people in the UK asked if I needed to go. Everything is ok now, luckily.
I have always been fearful of exactly that type of situation and it was pretty shocking when it happened for real.
Have any of you had a similar experience? How do you decide when to go and when to stay?