My English man is the hottest man ever…
Posted on December 6, 2008 by yankeebean
I don’t mind if you agree or not… I don’t want this to turn into a my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad situation. We’re all friends here
But there is SOMETHING eternally fantastic about my English dude. This is a big topic for American women living in England, everyone seemed to be talking about it. One of my favorite posts about the matter is by I Say Tomato, it’s well worth checking out.
I haven’t dated that many guys, I met Mr Nice Guy when I was 16 and we started dating just before I turned 18. Five years later we were hitched and the rest, as they say, is history. So I didn’t really play the field much… but, let me tell you, there was some SLIM PICKINS in America. Here are some things that I noticed about American guys:
- Attractive guys know how hot they are. And there are few things less attractive than some guy that’s got his head stuck so far up his own ass that you never wanna kiss him cos of the smell…
- They think they’re entitled to Kate Moss. Yup, that’s right. The slightest hit of upper-arm-fat or thighs-touching-when-you-walk and you’re out! (Disclaimer: This might just be where I’m from, though, cos I grew up in a really rich-bitch part of America.)
- They can’t dress. No seriously, I don’t even mean they don’t dress well. I mean, who the hell walks around with the crotch of their pants at their knees? Wearing a really old-and-browning white hat with the bill crushed so tightly that the edges are curved around to touch each other? Excuse me if I don’t swoon… (and they were never interested in me anyway, because my thighs touch in the middle).
I could write a long long long list about the few American-man encounters I’ve had. But I won’t… cos I’ve found an awesome guy, and he’s English!
Now here’s a list of things I love about my English guy
- He’s soooooooooooo funny. And I mean English funny! A rare and precious combination of puns and dry sarcasm that keeps my stomach muscles sore from laughing.
- He doesn’t know how gorgeous he is. And he’s a real corker… But he’s really modest and un-assuming all the time. It’s like some kind or miracle!
- He can cook. England is a place that really embraces cooking as a hobby and a past time. More so than in America. Mr. NG is an amazing cook and he’s always trying new things in the kitchen. I do all the dishes and we call it even. Nice!
- The accent, of course. I don’t notice it all the time anymore… most of the time I just hear him and not his accent. But there are still certain words and phrases that ‘remind’ me that he’s English, and I know I’ll never get tired of it. It’s a truly gorgeous sound…
- He loves that I’m American. He likes that I’m outgoing and open. That I’m not nervous to introduce myself to new people and that I could have a conversation with a plank of wood if I had to.
Yup, he’s a keeper! And I’m not the only one because Peacefulyorkshire and Pacificyorkshirebird have both fallen for the same kind of charm. Too bad England is only a small island, there’s not enough to go around for all the American women… we’ll have to keep it to ourselves